The connection settings control how a Fuse application interacts with an associated webservice.
1. Webservice Timeout: This determines the number of seconds that Fuse waits for a connected webservice to respond before throwing an error. The default setting is 10 seconds. While it is certainly possible to increase the default value for this setting, it is recommended to work to increase the speed of the associated webservice if 10 seconds is insufficient.
2. Webservice Fetch Audio: This is where users set the audio that plays while the associated webservice is working. This corresponds to the hold music option for several modules, including the REST and SOAP module. The default is silence. Click the button to add a custom audio file.
3. Transfer Timeout: This determines the number of seconds that Fuse waits for the transfer to ring before giving up. The default is 60 seconds.
4. Transfer Duration: This indicates the maximum amount of time, in seconds, that Fuse allows a call transfer to last.
5. Transfer Fetch Audio: This indicates the audio that plays while waiting for the transfer number to pick up. The default audio is of a telephone ringing.