Figure 1: The AWS S3 module.
This module uses the supported third-party service AWS S3. The module allows you to integrate an S3 bucket into your application to upload audio recorded during a call.
You can select and use any S3 integration that has been added to your Fuse account.
Call recordings are uploaded in different formats depending on the source module:
To use this module, you must have an account with AWS (Amazon Web Services). You must also have a working Amazon S3 bucket added as an integration to your Fuse account.
Complete the following in order:
Once finished, the
AWS S3 module can be used successfully.
Figure 2: AWS S3 module fields.
As shown in Figure 2, the following fields are available. Completing an active field enables the next:
- Select Bucket: Select one of your AWS S3 integrations.
- Select Path: Select the path in your S3 bucket where your recording will be uploaded.
- Select Recording: Select the name of the recording module that will generate the recording to be uploaded.
- File Name: Enter a filename for the recording as a string or variable.
- Note: A timestamp will also be automatically appended to each filename before uploading.
- Uploaded recordings will have the following, final syntax:
Figure 3: Module settings for AWS S3.