The Template Center provides access to Plum's collection of Fuse templates: prebuilt applications designed for a variety of industries and use cases. Starting with a template can help reduce the time needed to bring an application from development to deployment.
With a few clicks, you can add your desired templates to the Application Manager and begin customizing them to fit your needs.
In the Application Manager, select Templates
as shown in Figure 1.
Figure 1: Opening the Template Center. Select this image to zoom in.
The Template Center window will be displayed as shown in Figure 2.
Figure 2: The Template Center window. Select this image to zoom in.
The following fields and information are displayed in this window:
- 1.Show: Select a vertical from this dropdown menu to display only that vertical's templates.
- 2.Search Templates: Enter a keyword or phrase in this field to search available templates by their descriptions. The Template Center window will automatically display matching templates as you type.
- 3.Filter by: Select one or multiple tags from this dropdown menu to display only templates with the same tag(s).
- 4.Templates list: Select a template from this section. Templates are grouped by vertical (4a) and listed in alphabetical order (4b).
- 5.Close: Close the Template Center window.
- 6.Add Template(s): Add any selected template(s) to your current folder in the Application Manager. This button is inactive until at least one template is selected.
Each template appears as shown in Figure 3.
Figure 3: A template entry in the Template Center window.
The following information is displayed in each template:
- 1.Preview image: Shows a preview of the template's application pages. Templates with multiple pages will also have a page count, and you can scroll through previews of each page.
- 2.Name: The template's name.
- 3.Description: Briefly describes the template's function(s).
- 4.Tags: Each template is assigned one or more tags based on its features.
- 5.Select: Select or deselect a template. A selected template is highlighted with a purple outline.
In the Template Center window, select one or multiple templates using the Select button
. Your selected template(s) will be highlighted with a purple outline as shown in Figure 4.
Figure 4: Selecting a template. The purple outline indicates that the template is currently selected.
Select any other desired templates, then select Add Template(s)
. The prebuilt application(s) for each selected template will be added to the current folder as shown in Figure 5.
Figure 5: An added template in the Home folder.
Select an added template to open it in the Application Editor.
A template is designed for you to customize to match your intended use before deployment.
Many templates include one or more default, placeholder messages that are meant to be replaced. A template must also be configured to interact with any external resources – a company database or API, for example. You may even wish to add or remove certain modules altogether.
The Payment Application template provides an example. As shown in Figure 6, the indicated Prompt and REST modules contain placeholder content that should be replaced.
Figure 6: Placeholder values in the Payment Application template's modules. Enter your own company-specific messages and external resources where placeholders like these are used.
First, you should review the template's pages and modules to familiarize yourself with how they were designed to work. Note which modules and content you either want or need to revise.
The following is a list of recommendations by module type:
OTHERS OF NOTE
The following lists verticals and tags associated with available templates in the Template Center.
Last updated: 1/23/23
These are the industries in which available templates are grouped. You can search for templates by vertical using the Show dropdown menu in the Template Center window.
- Information Technology
- Real Estate
Last updated: 1/23/23
These are tags that are associated with one or more available templates. You can search for templates by tag using the Filter by dropdown menu in the Template Center window.
- Speech Recognition